DWC is based on ELITE Principles: Excellence, Leadership, Innovation, Technology and Entrepreneurship.
• State-of-the-art campus with a world-class Fitness Center, a 1000-seater Auditorium, a vibrant Student Center and a Library housing a rich collection of print and electronic resources.
• Recruitment and retention of high quality staff; current DWC team consists of people from over 29 countries, 55% of whom have been with the College for more than 5 years.
• DWC Business faculty - winners of six Region 8 ACBSP teaching excellence awards (including one global winner).
• DWC English faculty - winner of the 2008 British Council Award, International Category, ELT Innovation.
• DWC is the first academic institution winner of the Dubai Quality Appreciation Award in 2006 (presented by the Department of Economic Development).
• Founder of the Center for Women and Technology for the Arab World; signed a memorandum of understanding signed at the United Nations during the Commission on International Women’s Day 2009.
• Initiated and hosted 8 Insight Dubai International Leadership Conferences for Women; life-changing experience for over 600 Emirati and international women discussing issues of governance and empowerment.
• A leader in international exchanges, with over 58 international student field trips to universities and educational institutions in Germany, South Africa, Switzerland, USA, Singapore, China, Australia and many others.
• The first college in the HCT system to introduce the new Health and Physical Education program delivered to over 1200 students per week at DWC Fitness Center.
• The first educational institution in the region to introduce college-wide healthy eating program in partnership with Abela.
• New academic programs pioneered to cater to changing market needs: Early Childhood Development, Biomedical Engineering, Tourism and Event Management, Paramedics, Dental Nursing and others.
• Initiated Center for Teaching & Learning (CT&L) to provide instructional, graphic design and technical support to faculty blended learning program initiatives (a combination of face-to-face learning supported by rich technology).
• Coordinated ground-breaking project ‘Business Council for Peace’ in which 15 Afghani women received entrepreneurship skills training through workshops and visits to Dubai’s businesses.
• Invited by the Dubai World Trade Center, together with a few other distinguished educational institutions to set up UAE Careers – a country-wide career fair.
• Intel, IBM, Microsoft and Apple wrote world-wide case studies on DWC hailing it as an example of best practice in the use of technology in education.
• 100% wifi-enabled campus with students and staff having 24/7 access to internet via their iPads/laptops.
• Introduced Women in Technology annual conference in 2004 which grew into an HCT system- wide event in 2009.
• Hosted the first IT Student Conference in 2009, a forum for students to share experiences and increase their knowledge of cutting-edge developments in the industry.
• Partnered with Microsoft to host DigiGirlz Forum, the first ever regional event to promote the use of emerging technologies and career opportunities in IT to female high school students.
• Founded the Entrepreneurship Center (TEC) to assist Emiratis in starting or growing private businesses by nurturing a mindset of innovation, partnership and leadership.
• Student Run businesses on campus embed entrepreneurial principles in the curriculum; College shop Al-Waha boasts sales of over AED 1,000,000 per year.
• Based on DWC Bazaar, a 3-day campus celebration of student entrepreneurship, DWC graduate came up with the idea for the now very successful Dubai Shopping Festival and participated in the team that made it happen.
• DWC, female students were the first students to have their films screened at the Dubai International Film Festival in 2007.
• Proud to have educated over 6,617 graduates in the fields of Applied Communications, Business, Computer & Information Science, Education and Health Sciences; over 85% of DWC alumnae are currently working.